Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guilt...

Whew... this is a bad day. I'm going to write out some of these feelings and see if it helps. My daughter left to go back to college on Saturday. My son's first day of 11th grade is tomorrow. This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't worked in a classroom/school at the beginning of the school year. So, I'm feeling sorry for myself. But as soon as I start having my own pity party, I have tremendous guilt for even beginning to feel sorry for myself.

A teacher I know won't be starting the school year because she was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer. An administrator in a nearby district won't be starting the school year because his four month old daughter just received a double lung transplant. An administrator in Florida won't be starting the school year because she is undergoing heart surgery today.

These people are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm going to keep myself busy by cooking, cleaning and working on a presentation for a second interview at a software company.

Best wishes to all of you who are starting school in the next couple of weeks. Have a magnificant year!

No comments: